- Add cups of rice to cooker or pan, wash thoroughly until water is clear. Add Salt to taste (I added 1 Tablespoon) add 4 1/2 cups of water to the rice and cook (either on hob or in cooker).
- Wash & Cut chicken breast into medium sized chucks.
- Add Flour, cornflour, baking powder & egg white to bowl and stir (use a wooden spoon and stir from the inside out) into batter. Mix chicken into batter thoroughly, let rest for 2 mins.
- Whilst you’re waiting, heat the sunflower oil in wok style/ large curved pan. When Oil is ready test with batter. Add a small amount of batter into the hot oil..it should sizzle (Remember the chicken has to cook- so violently hot oil will burn the outside of chicken before the inside is cooked)
- Fry chicken in batches until all is evenly brown and crispy.
- Add Marinade to separate bowl accordingly: Sriracha, chilli, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sweet chilli, soy sauce, balsamic, honey & teriyaki sauce.
- Empty oil from large pan which was used to fry chicken. Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil & marinade, stir for 2 mins and then add cornflour & water mix (2 teaspoons & 1/4 cup of water-mix well). Once the marinade has thickened add Chicken,stir & coat evenly (This should only take a couple mins remember the chicken is already cooked at this point, all you are doing is coating the chicken- don’t overdo it!)
- Please ensure your rice is hot/warm at this stage, it’ll keep it’s shape better. Make rice stacks with small cup like object (I used a souffle mould, but anything’ll do..maybe a mini bowl?), press down. Release rice from mould onto the plate, lightly sieve or blow tumeric onto top of rice stack
- Add sesame seeds & chopped spring onions & voila…enjoy!